The 3 Cornerstone Habits All Successful People Do
If I was to recommend three cornerstone daily habits for anyone who feels lost in life, I would recommend these:
- Lift Weights
I always suggest reading because it's like mental food -- you need decently stimulating input in order to generate better output in your life. And by reading, I don't mean reading Facebook statuses for hours. I mean taking the time to read someone's article/blog, a hundred page book, or a graphic novel. Something that someone has spent a lot of time to create and something you can glean advice or inspiration from.
Secondly, writing helps you fossilize those ideas you've just read. It helps you exercise your creative muscle and allows you to ruminate and reflect on the direction of your life. It allows you to create something that others may potentially read and gain value from too!
Thirdly, lifting weights builds a different kind of discipline: the physical kind. Reading and writing everyday is hard sure, but lifting weights is a different kind of beast. By pushing yourself physically a couple of times a week, you start to build confidence and strength over time. This pairs nicely as downtime from the mental exercise it takes to read and write.
By doing these three habits on a regular or weekly basis, I believe anyone can find a path towards a life they love.
* * *
Evan's Goal Update - Day 8/56
- Job + apartment: Assessing jobs. Still looking for an apartment to settle in for 1-2 years. Message me at evanduyLe@gmail.com if you know of any places!
- Reading + writing: Writing for the 8th day in a row.
- Coding: Trying to re-create the Google homepage in HTML and CSS. It's hard.
- Fitness: Rest day. (4/32 sessions completed this cycle)
- YouTube: Done this week! Uploading next Tuesday.