There are certain people in your life who when you present an exciting idea, will always come at you with a negative viewpoint.
What if you guys start dating and she cheats or breaks up with you?
What if you fail and make a fool of yourself?
What if you do that thing you want to do and end up hating it?
And sometimes, it’d be wise to heed these warnings of potentially negative scenarios.
But in 99% of other cases, listening to these warnings are a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.
There’s no point in considering every potential negative scenario. That’s fine for war and life & death situations — but in normal decisions we make in our relatively safe society, these negative scenarios are not going to kill you.
And the potential benefits of the positive scenario are too great to let doubt stop you.
So invite these “negative alarmists” to the discussion at your own discretion — listen to them if you wish, but realize that the positives have the ability to change your life for the better. If you do nothing because you’re too scared at the risk of negative scenarios, your life won’t change at all.
* * *
Evan's Goal Update - Day 10/56
- Job + apartment: I've officially signed on with a promising startup in Los Angeles. I'll be announcing shortly. Potentially found the right apartment today.
- Reading + writing: Writing for the 10th day in a row.
- Coding: Trying to re-create the Google homepage in HTML and CSS. It's still hard.
- Fitness: Finished a great upper body session. (6/32 sessions completed this cycle)
- YouTube: Working on the video to upload tonight! Will edit link in later.