Choosing your self
"How much responsibility are you willing to take before it’s given to you?"
Lots of people desire to be chosen.
To be recognized by some 3rd party and given the responsibility or the permission to do something.
- I want to travel abroad, so I need a college to accept me into their travel program before I travel anywhere.
- I want a writing job, so I need to apply to lots of companies before I can start writing seriously.
- I want a romantic partner who motivates me, so I need someone to choose me before I get my shit together.
In the old world, it may have been incredibly hard for someone to succeed without being chosen first. But in the new connected world, we have the choice to choose our selves.
- We don’t have to pay $20,000+ to a college to travel abroad for a semester. We can do it for under $10,000 in many cheap countries.
- We don’t have to wait for a writing job to come. We can start writing now and create our own community and fanbase on Medium or our personal blog.
- We don’t have to wait for someone to choose us and motivate us. We can start getting our shit together now.