One of the most effective ways to build career confidence is to freelance.
Why is that?
It reinforces the fact that:
- you have skills that others would pay for
- you are the dictator of your own schedule/life
- how much you earn is directly a result of how well you do for your clients
- you don't need a job to feel secure
That's why this month, I want to start freelancing.
One of my ultimate goals is start treating myself like my own business. I don't want companies to be able to take advantage of me -- I want to be the agent of my own success. That's hard to do when you have to put aside your own goals sometimes in favor of the company's.
Freelancing is all about the business of you.
Become a Salesforce and Marketing Automation Expert.
What gets me excited is the merging of technology and processes. I love optimizing and automating so that businesses run more efficiently.
Learning Salesforce and other marketing softwares like Marketo, Pardot, etc. will help me provide real value to companies looking to expand rapidly. Knowing how to use these tools allows me to build systems that allow a 10-person team to operate like a 100-person company.
My plan to get there by November's end revolves around 3 things:
- Do work for 3 clients (free and paid)
- Study for and acquire a Salesforce Admin Certification
- Create a compelling Upwork profile, pitch deck, and portfolio of November projects
I'm already working on one project, studying for the certification exam, and have created my Upwork profile here. I also use Salesforce at my current job, so I'm always learning new things.
There's a lot more to do, but I'm focused.
If there's anyone you know who's starting a business using Salesforce, but doesn't know what the hell to do, give me a shout out! I'd love to help them out.